Everything's For Sale ?

Off-topic discussion and public chitchat.
honeyedham

Everything's For Sale ?

Unread post by honeyedham »

Hi Allen,

I'll really miss your hives...and I'm miles away! Well actually I'll miss them from your diary pages. Hope you refill those deadouts, and they boom and force you to teach us how to successfully wind down a bee biz that just won't quit. It seems you have a good business there, and some of your team are regulars. I hope some of those hive orders are from them.

How did you get started ? I guess I should search the diary early pages...but everytime I settle down there I find it harder to get away!

Hope you have a great year.

s&h
Allen Dick
Site Admin

Unread post by Allen Dick »

Well, we are not quite done yet, and I imagine I will continue in beekeeping circles for a while, at least. Now, I'll have more time for writing, so maybe I'll get back to doing articles for Bee Culture and ABJ.

As for how we started, we were out in the country with not much to do, so we caught a swarm, got interested, and then built a few hives. As they say, the rest is history.

As for the regulars, Paulo wants to go back to Brazil, and Dennis? Well, we'll see.

allen
Allen Dick
Site Admin

Re: Everything's For Sale ?

Unread post by Allen Dick »

Just to bring this topic up to date, I should mention that I have sold most of what I want to sell.

I do have a huge pile of empty used supers in various conditions from good to scrap to firewood and am open to offers on the whole pile.

I have some other things, too, but am keeping most of what I have now since I am running some bees again.
Allen Dick, RR#1 Swalwell, Alberta, Canada T0M 1Y0
51° 33'39.64"N 113°18'52.45"W
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/Allen%27s%20Beehives.kmz
Forum owner/janitor
---
Customise your experience at Honeybeeworld Forum at your User control Panel
Change the appearance and layout with your Board Preferences
Please upload your own avatar picture at Edit Avatar. It's easy!
Return to main diary page