Canada metering internet usage

Off-topic discussion and public chitchat.
Countryboy
Forum Regular

Canada metering internet usage

Unread post by Countryboy »

What's the scoop on this? Will it fly, or will people just find workaround solutions? Or will they just pay more for internet? If it goes through up there, it is only a matter of time before it gets applied here.

http://poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com/2 ... itter.html

Also, how widespread is broadband access in Canada? Where I live, I have no access to cable or dsl. My only option for 'high speed' (if you want to call it that) is satellite broadband, which is faster than dial-up, but nowhere near as fast as dsl or cable. It's roughly $60 a month, and I have a 200MB daily limit, but unlimited usage from 2am-7am so you can download large updates if necessary without hitting the limit.
B. Farmer Honey
Central Ohio
Allen Dick
Site Admin

Re: Canada metering internet usage

Unread post by Allen Dick »

Actually, I have been spending a lot of time on this issue on another board. Somehow, I got onto the topic just before it got hot.

Busy now. More later.
Allen Dick, RR#1 Swalwell, Alberta, Canada T0M 1Y0
51° 33'39.64"N 113°18'52.45"W
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/Allen%27s%20Beehives.kmz
Forum owner/janitor
---
Customise your experience at Honeybeeworld Forum at your User control Panel
Change the appearance and layout with your Board Preferences
Please upload your own avatar picture at Edit Avatar. It's easy!
Return to main diary page
armust
Forum Regular

Re: Canada metering internet usage

Unread post by armust »

With the recent buzz over ACTA, SOPA and PIPA, you can not be certain that the government is indeed monitoring internet activity. They could argue that it is another step toward taking away piracy or even terrorism but there is a very thin line when doing that and going far beyond the users' privacy claims. It is hard to pinpoint that now, more than ever.