Guarding Against Mass Surveillance

Off-topic discussion and public chitchat.
Countryboy
Forum Regular

Guarding Against Mass Surveillance

Unread post by Countryboy »

This isn't geared towards Windows 10, but is an article about the mass surveillance and ways to guard against it.

https://bananas.liberty.me/youre-a-crim ... et-caught/
B. Farmer Honey
Central Ohio
Charlie
Forum Regular

Re: Guarding Against Mass Surveillance

Unread post by Charlie »

CountryBoy.
The article is a dissertation and full of very useful information. The main site also looks like it has the potential to be very interesting. While the article on the surface is very well done and very well thought out and the countermeasures they propose for the most part I would agree with wholeheartedly, although there seem to be a few tricks that I need to look into because I was unaware of, I would for the most part say the article speaks the truth.

The main site though looks pretty controversial and at first blush looks like they buy into the conspiracy theory attitude. This could be a presentation problem and may not be. All I'm saying is be cautious of anything that you read on this site, clearly I have not read every article on the site but experience tells me that sites like this can sometimes be over the top.

A very odd thing just happened, As one of the most paranoid geeks (Justifiably, in my mind) on the planet I just recommended caution about being too paranoid or listening to people that are too paranoid. :lol:
Countryboy
Forum Regular

Re: Guarding Against Mass Surveillance

Unread post by Countryboy »

All I'm saying is be cautious of anything that you read on this site, clearly I have not read every article on the site but experience tells me that sites like this can sometimes be over the top.

A very odd thing just happened, As one of the most paranoid geeks (Justifiably, in my mind) on the planet I just recommended caution about being too paranoid or listening to people that are too paranoid.
I already have my mind made up, so sites like this aren't going to sway me one way or the other.

I already accept as truth that ANYONE paid with taxpayer dollars is corrupt to some degree, and the level of their corruption is proportional to the amount of power they have. I'm deeply suspicious of people who are paid with taxpayer money.
B. Farmer Honey
Central Ohio