Backyard bees in strathmore

A place for bee-ginners to ask questions and receive answers from experienced beekeepers.
Mark
Forum Regular

Backyard bees in strathmore

Unread post by Mark »

I was excited to get my course and Start a tbh system ,but to my surprise the towns bylaws don't allow for bees in town limits.guess I'll just have to get a place to put the outside town.
If there are anyone would be willing to take me around their hives for a little education it would much appreciated.thanks mark
Colino
Forum Regular

Re: Backyard bees in strathmore

Unread post by Colino »

Welcome to honeybeeworld.com and sorry to hear about those bylaws Mark. If you're interested I have a bunch of mini tbh swarm traps to give away. If you don't want to trap swarms you could use the multitude of top bars for your tbh's. If someone doesn't want them before winter I'm just going to use them to heat my shop.
Narcissism is easy because it's me or I, Empathy is hard because it's they or them.-Colino
Mark
Forum Regular

Unread post by Mark »

Hi there. I would be interested in your top bar traps.as now I'm posting this from Berlin will be back in strathmore 21 St of this month . Thanks mark
Colino
Forum Regular

Unread post by Colino »

Ok I won't burn them then they will be here and I still have a handful set out that I'll round up for you. PM me through this site when you're ready.
Colino.
Narcissism is easy because it's me or I, Empathy is hard because it's they or them.-Colino
Mark
Forum Regular

Unread post by Mark »

Sounds good will let you know when I'm back,and we can get together.thanks mark
Jiminycric
Forum Regular

Unread post by Jiminycric »

Hi Mark, just started up my own hive here in Alberta (though the hive is by Chestermere). I was curious about Strathmore's bylaws in regards to backyard bees - I know Chestermere was the same, but with people advocating for and supporting a change in their bylaws they are in the process of changing. Maybe Strathmore can be the same?

Jiminycric
- Jiminycric
Strathmore, Alberta